A few years ago, I was working in children’s church on a Sunday night. Paul, the praise and worship leader, had us sing a catchy little song with a very profound message. The song was called Bullfrogs and Butterflies. The theme of the song is that both bullfrogs and butterflies undergo a dramatic transformation. The bullfrog starts out as a tadpole, the butterfly as a caterpillar. It takes this transformation, i.e.”New Birth” to bring them into what God wants them to be. If the caterpillar never enters the cocoon, or the tadpoles never goes through its change, they will never become bullfrogs or butterflies.
This concept is at the very core of Jesus’ teaching. In John 3:3 Jesus says “…I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that unless a person is Born Again (anew, from above,) he cannot ever see (know, be acquainted with, and experience) the Kingdom of God.” (Amplified Bible)
religious are not enough. None of these things can save anyone. In spite of his piety, Nicodemus was still a lost man.
If there was another way, then Jesus died the most brutal, agonizing death imaginable-for nothing.
It really is not a matter of “this person vs.this person is a bad person” (click Here to find out why). God says that “ALL have sinned and come short of His glory.”(Romans 3:23) Furthermore, He tells us of the result of our sin. “The wages of sin is death”(Romans 6:23)
This has a twofold meaning. It does mean physical death, which exists in the first place because of sin. However, it also means SPIRITUAL death,which is far worse. Spiritual death is eternal, conscious torment in a place called hell.(Revelation 21:8)
The good news, however, is that you can be Born Again right now, right where you are. God, in His love
and mercy, has provided us with a way out. His name is Jesus. If you have
never been Born Again by giving your life to Him, here is how to do it;
- ACKNOWLEDGE-“For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23) “God be merciful to me a sinner”(Luke 18:13)
- REPENT-“Except ye repent, ye will likewise perish”(Luke 13:3)
- CONFESS-“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).
- BELIEVE-For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes on Him should not perish, but have eternal life”(John 3:16)
- RECEIVE-“As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name”(John 1:12)
Friend, this is the most important decision you will ever make. If you have never given your life to Jesus, please don’t put it off. You can’t be sure you will have a tomorrow. Nothing in the world is worth missing out on this for. If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to write to me .Remember;
“Therefore, if any person is (ingrafted) in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old (previous moral and spiritual condition) has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come! (2 Corinthians 5:17 Amplified Bible)
Keep It real,